As a result of the Arts Office’s commitment the artistic community now has a PLACE to support, share, and grow upon best practices. Startchr.nyc is a pioneer in the educational community by meeting the demands of today’s social media being, specifically those in the arts community, who place a very high value on connection, collegiality and professional learning to impact student outcomes.
It is with great excitement that our office is providing New York City arts teachers with a unique professional learning scheme aimed at providing targeted support to you. In the midst of the implementation of the Common Core Standards and the teacher evaluation system, our goal is to create a rich professional learning experience that suits the dance educator needs.
We hope to provide, in collaboration with the Director of Teacher Development in the Arts, additional support and an engaging professional forum to expand your craft. We expect to achieve this by:
• Capitalizing on the professional learning experience;
• Leveraging a social media learning platform;
• Participating in stimulating professional discussions to improve and grow upon best practices; an
• Utilizing a resource-rich repository.
By working together, we believe that we will be able to expose our students to quality arts education through your empowerment as teachers and through your continued innovative implementation of the Blueprint for Teaching and Learning in DANCE.
I am delighted to share an exciting development with you: the Arts Office will now provide a system of targeted, professional development supports for all teachers of the arts. These supports will enable arts teachers to navigate the requirements of Common Core Standards and the teacher evaluation system.
Arts teachers will work in close collaboration with the Director of Teacher Development in the Arts to enhance their skill sets and command of music pedagogy. This will be accomplished through:
• On-site professional learning experiences with peers;
• A social media learning platform for peer dialogues and exchanges;
• Targeted discussions to improve teaching practice and student outcomes;
• Access to, and use of, a repository of rich, digital resources.
This important initiative will prove invaluable in accomplishing our shared goals: to enhance the delivery of quality music instruction, and expand students’ learning and experiences in music.
I am excited to share that the Arts Office will provide all NYC arts teachers with a unique professional learning scheme of targeted supports. Amidst the Common Core Standards and the teacher evaluation system implementations, our goal is to produce a dynamic yet pragmatic experience to serve the diverse needs of arts teachers in the NYC public schools.
In close collaboration with the Director of Teacher Development in the Arts, we specifically are developing a professional teacher forum—with in-person and online components—for colleagues to enhance their skill sets and further develop their theater pedagogy.
We expect to enhance these goals by:
• Continuing to promote productive in-person professional learning with peers;
• Leveraging a social media learning platform for ongoing exchange;
• Producing professional discussions focused on improving teacher practice; and
• Utilizing a resource-rich digital repository of videos, lessons.
I look forward to this initiative furthering our ongoing collaborative professional development towards impacting quality theater education for all students.
I am excited to share this news with you: the Arts Office is providing New York City arts teachers with a new and unique professional learning scheme of targeted supports to help you navigate the requirements of the Common Core State Standards and the teacher evaluation system. Our goal is to create dynamic and practical experiences that serve the diverse needs of arts teachers across the city’s public schools.
In close collaboration with the Director of Teacher Development in the Arts, these learning opportunities will provide additional support, and another professional forum in which to expand your craft. This support will be in the form of:
• Productive in-person professional learning experiences with peers;
• A social media learning platform for ongoing exchanges with colleagues:
• Forums for professional conversations focused on improving teacher practice; and
• Access to, and use of, a rich digital repository of videos and lessons.
This exceptional initiative is compatible with, and will further, our ongoing collaborative professional development. Both streams of professional learning will enhance the quality of instruction, and enrich your students’ visual arts education.